Photobucket

Friday, September 11, 2009

They live among us

How would you pronounce this child's name?

She spells her name.....    
  "Le-a"
                        So... how would YOU pronounce her name?

Leah?  ..................NO.
Lee - A?  ........... NOPE.
Lay - a?  ............ NOT A CHANCE.
Lei?,,,,,,,,,, NICE TRY ...BUT... GUESS AGAIN!

This child attends a school in  Livingston  Parish, LA..   Her mother is irate because everyone is getting her name wrong.   She says it's pronounced.................
   "Ledasha".
When the Mother was asked how in the world did she figured it should be pronounced that way.......      she said....
                       ..."cause the dash don't be silent!"
So, if you see a name come across your desk like this... please remember to pronounce the dash.
And... if anyone axe you why, tell them it's 'cause the dash don't be silent!
Someone... pleeeeze, pleeeze tell me dis don't be true! Surely, someone be's jokin' with us?!?!\
 
They live among us, they vote, they dominate the welfare rolls, they contribute nothing .  And they breed.

2 comments:

  1. This so called joke is in bad taste and has racial content.They are jobless because they could not go beyond school. They receive welfare because they are jobless. They breed because women having no security in life must marry even for the nth time to give children for any husband.They drink because liquor kills hunger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya know, I did wonder if I should post this and perhaps I was wrong. A racist I am not! I think the thing that got me on this was the simple spelling of the name. I surely did not even begin to read into this ANY of the other items that you read into it. I appreciate your honesty more than you know. I try my best to not offend and even write that in my heading. I always look so forward to your comments. I hope you will please come back. Offending is not something I want to do. Again thank you for your frankness.
    Allison

    ReplyDelete

I would just love to hear whatcha think? good or bad. And as usual if you have a joke or something funny you would like me to post here I would love to do so. Just let me know if you would like me to link back to you or if I can use your name. All links are welcomed.

Why Not?

BC slots

Thanks guys! Do I hear 55?